By A. Timár
Read Online or Download A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This publication analyses the teenager movie because the infrequent medium capable of characterize the in a different way chaotic and conflicting event of stripling. the writer specializes in six significant concerns: alienation, deviance and delinquency, intercourse and gender, the politics of intake, the apolitics of youth(ful) uprising, and regression into nostalgia.
The Gothic and the Carnivalesque in American tradition bargains a brand new account of the yank Gothic. Gothic experiences, the sector that explores horrid and frightful narratives, frequently describes the style as exploring real ancient fears, crises and traumas, but this doesn't account for the ways that the style is usually a resource of depraved pride up to it really is of horror – its audiences snigger as usually as they shriek.
Combining historic poetics and e-book heritage, Romantic Poetry and Literary Coteries exhibits Romanticism as characterised via tropes and types that have been together produced via literary circles. to teach those connections, Fulford pulls from a wealth of print fabric together with political squibs, journal essays, illustrated travel poems, and journals.
First released in 1972, this quantity includes modern British periodical experiences of the Lake Poets, together with Wordsworth, Coleridge, Southey and Lamb, in courses from the tutorial to the Edinburgh Observer. Introductions to every periodical supply short sketches of every book in addition to names, dates and bibliographical details.
- The Other Empire: British Romantic Writings about the Ottoman Empire (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge: The Critical Heritage Volume 1 1794-1834: Volume 49 (The Collected Critical Heritage : the Romantics)
- Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Reprinting and the Embodied Book (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
- Animality in British Romanticism: The Aesthetics of Species (Routledge Studies in Romanticism)
- The Romantic Crowd (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism, 97)
- The Romance: Volume 33 (The Critical Idiom Reissued)
Additional info for A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits
A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits by A. Timár